PDA

View Full Version : Good results so far?

nofeargardener
09-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Curious as to how everyone's herb and veggie gardens have done this year. Was there a veggie that's been giving you higher than expected yields this season?

For me, I was very pleased (as always) with my herb production. Seems like my sage really exploded this year.

My veggie garden.... I'd have to say so/so. Got what I expected from my bush beans - i had to replant about half of those (a sneaky rabbit got in there). Redskin potatoes did pretty well. Was hoping for more tomatoes, but still did pretty well. Still got a lot of green ones on there that are about to turn.

so, how's it going so far?..... :)

j.parson
09-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Our family's been growing some standard red tomatoes in our small backyard garden. We live in California, so the weather has been very amenable to growing them. I just started growing my own vegetables, and tomatoes were the easiest choice. Gonna make some ceviche with them soon, before the summer's up!

Good luck with your garden.

Mr Yan
09-23-2011, 02:45 AM
I have been impressed with the production level of my Cherokee Purple tomatoes. Some descriptions list them as "stingy producers" but we've pulled nearly 11 pounds so far and have a lot more green out there.

Garlic was good but only my first year with it.

Basil produced a gallon of pesto from 9 plants.

Potato-tower, sweet potatoes, and Butternut Squash still in the garden.