PDA

View Full Version : building a greenhouse

farmgirl
06-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Howdy Y'all! I need to build a greenhouse and wondered if anyone has already any experience in building a "hooped" one? (Rounded roof)?

hewitt12
08-24-2011, 06:16 PM
It's not easy to build one. One thing is for sure that it will not be cultivated unless you do your daily manwork out of it. Tell me about it. I really need some people to build it for me. Just for the occasion.

Chris
08-28-2011, 01:42 PM
I've done a very very small hoophouse over a raised bed. I did it be bending PVC pipe (narrow stuff) into arches, attaching it to the sides of the raised bed with pipe clips. then clipping 6 mil plastic onto it.

inchworm5
03-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Do you know if there is a particular type of glass that needs to be used for a greenhouse? I am playing with the idea of one day building my own and I know it can be difficult but would like some ideas as well from those that have experience either working in or building their own greenhouses.

Chris
03-20-2012, 04:05 PM
There is better glass made adept at holding heat in, but a greenhouse can be made from old recovered windows, etc, free to cheap.

therichgarden
05-07-2012, 10:33 PM
ahh great choice in building a PVC greenhouse! They are fairly simple to build because of how easily the PVC pipping connects to one another. Good luck with it!

GhettoGardener
05-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Do you know if there is a particular type of glass that needs to be used for a greenhouse? I am playing with the idea of one day building my own and I know it can be difficult but would like some ideas as well from those that have experience either working in or building their own greenhouses.

Found this guy on youtube building an insane geodesic dome greenhouse.. He is using polycarbonate sheets. He definitely looks like he knows what the heck he's doing.. so check this link out might give you some ideas to take on a smaller scale. =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acg1Blg-IeA