PDA

View Full Version : Moles.. how to get rid of them?

Blogonman
01-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I hate em... any suggestions on how to get rid of moles. I've used the sling traps and I've caught a few but I cannot get the ones the have deep tunnels.

Chris
01-07-2011, 02:12 AM
I HATE moles and voles too. I think I have more voles than moles, in the spring I'm going to try mousetraps with peanut butter, put it by one one their holes.

I've tried all sorts of plunger and otherwise traps, never got a damn thing. I may have had success drowning them with the hose in the past.

I put a flagstone walkway on part of my front lawn last year just to piss them off. I put mesh underneath it, so they can't come up anywhere along the length, unless they want to lift a couple tons of stone.

The one thing that has seemed to work for me is the poison pellets. I get them from HomeDepot. I've never seen a dead mole, but activity decreases after I use them, so I think they work.

Phila-PM
02-12-2011, 01:47 AM
I think I have voles in my yard and they leave tunnels all over the place, and I can see their holes in my mulch. I've used the mole/vole poison once last year and we did find a dead one in the grass a couple days later. I'll have to try it again this year when it warms up.

SCyardman
02-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Getting rid of moles/voles is tough. Over a 20 year period maintaining nice homesites in my area I have tried every bait, poison and trap I could find. All with little or no success. My best advice is to simply make them not like your yard. Get rid of their food supply. They love grubs. A simple lawn insecticide plan - implemented 3 times a year - should do the trick.

Charles7
02-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Maybe we should get a few King snakes and let them go down their tunnels!!!!!
But maybe getting rid of the Grubs is a better idea.
But do you have any other suggestions other than insectcide?

This maybe the Last Day of your life.
Have you told the most Dear to you.
How much you Love them????

JJL
02-25-2011, 05:32 PM
I haven't had voles. I hear though that they are really bad in terms of eating all kinds of vegetation. I usually have moles every spring. It's because I am surrounded by wooded areas and open fields. The only thing I've found that reliably worked for me was a product called Mole Killer Worm Bait (or something like that.) It's sold under the brand Tomcat. It's worke everytime, usually within a day or two of application.

maryjones2
03-01-2011, 05:42 AM
Have you ever heard of mole catchers? Please try to get one and they will help a great deal. Go to your vet for more information,you may get a solution.

dain45yl
03-01-2011, 09:29 AM
i think Getting rid of moles/voles is tough.
I HATE moles

pharmerphil
03-23-2011, 01:22 PM
they have a new product now that resembles a grub, use it like the mole bait Chris, works very well