PDA

View Full Version : Gardening Question

SandyGrl777
07-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Is it to late to plant any type of veggie or fruit?/ Thought someone said I coudl still do tomoatoes. I just wanted to see if there was anything I still could plant and have this year....wish I didnt wait so long but did :)

Thanks everyone
Sandy

danw64
07-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Two weeks ago I seen tomato plants with tomatos on them being sold at Stop & Shop. Quite pricey, but full grown plants. I think this would be your only option. Some other places have the same thimg, plants already have tomatos on them.

betwa
07-22-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't think it's too late to plant something.

It depends on what zone you are in. There are still some veggies that can grow into the fall.

gumbo2176
07-23-2010, 03:09 AM
Well,Sandy Girl, you never mentioned what planting zone you're in so it is very difficult to offer any concrete advice. If you are not sure what zone you are in, do a google search by typing in something like "US Planting Zones" or such and the info will come up. Most of them have a spot where you simply type in your zip code and the info will come on screen and some even offer what different plants you can plant and when it is best to plant them. Heck, grab just about any packet of seeds and there is a picture on the back of most of them with planting info as to zone and months you should plant certain seeds etc.

tomatogarden
07-23-2010, 03:53 AM
I think tomatoes should be fine, give it lots of sunlight and keep out the bugs. :)