PDA

View Full Version : Red Bud Tree

sprucelady
06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Good Afternoon:

I have a 12 foot red bud tree in my front year. I've had this tree for three years. I noticed for the first time this year, there are large cracks in the tree's trunk. Also, there seems to be no life in the tree. It looked like the buds were coming out, but we had a night of frost in early May and believe it may have killed the buds. There are some shoots coming out of the base of the tree.

My husband put some pruning sealer on the cracks and braced a couple of branches that looked like they were going to split. I believe the tree is under stress.

I love my red bud tree and don't want to see it die.. any other suggestions on how to save her! (Judy is her name) I will send other pics. separately.

Thank you to all !

Worried in Ontario, Canada..

Chris
06-11-2010, 08:53 PM
prune some of the top growth off the ends of branches that may be weighing them down causing the split.

But with no foliage coming on, it is probably dead from the graft up.

It could also have been the cold, often a tree will die from the graft up from the cold, but live from the graft down. Which would explain why you have some growth from the base of the trunk.

alp12ha
03-14-2011, 06:43 AM
I have many experience with red bud tree. I have many red bud tree that is beauty of my garden. If you share some picture of your red bud trees then i see your trees and give some suggestion about trees safety.

azizitehram
03-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Red Bud Tree is really beauty of garden
i like this tree

ha0id0er
03-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Red Bud Tree is really beauty of garden
i like this tree