PDA

View Full Version : Any indoor plant watering machines/gadgets?

tjrundy
07-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi,

In my flat, I have a 3 meter tall 'money tree'. It's very beautiful, but sadly it's loosing a lot of leaves, mostly because it isn't being regularly watered. I spend a couple of weeks, most months, away from London, and my neighbor is forgetful, so doesn"t always remember to water the plant.

I could design and build a system to water the plant myself, but there is no tap nearby and I don't really have the time at the moment.

Is there any *indoor* plant watering 'gagets' / machines that don't need to be attached to a running water supply, that cost less than GBP (£) 250, and can store & deliver a minimum of 2 liters over a period of 2 weeks.

Also let me know, is there any machine that is designed to generate 'mist' from stored water for house plants, as this is important for keeping tropical plants healthy.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Tom.

Rose White
02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
To provide water to a plant when you are not at home for long periods of time, thread a rope from a large container of water down to the roots of your plant. All you need to do now is put water in the source container occasionally. Good luck! :rolleyes:

Rose White, Author
“Easy Gardens A to Z”