PDA

View Full Version : Go Away Weeds

mtrent
05-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Does anyone know how I can get some bothersome weeds that have decided to brake through my asphalt? I have pulled them up carefully up from the roots only to find more in their place in three or four days later.

Mickie31
05-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Roundup is really good or Walmart have a similar version called Eliminator. Ortho weed b gone. Ortho grass/weed killer. Then try a soil sterilant as long as the weather remains good and is not going to rain for at least a few days. Salt and vinegar mix one gallon vinegar and a cup of salt in a sprayer. Bleach can work also but, you need to be careful. Also pramitol is supposed to be excellent and can kill of large areas of your garden for years after using it. Propane torches can even be used to burn the weeds off the driveway. Or you could buy 50 gallons of seal coat and apply to your gravel. Failing that if you park on the gravel then eventually after a few days your car should pull the weeds up. Hope these ideas help.

Green-Moo
05-24-2008, 02:59 PM
If you keep removing the top growth, eventually the roots will run out of energy and the plant will die. You'll need to seal up the cracks in the drive, otherwise new weeds will seed there.