PDA

View Full Version : Summer Rock Gardens...

angelicwriter
05-18-2008, 09:22 PM
I was thinking about adding a summer rock garden to my backyard. Does anyone know where you can purchase colorful rocks in custom sizes at? I've seen them on the HGTV home make-over shows but they didn't mention where it was purchased.

Kitten
05-19-2008, 12:32 AM
Well have you checked out the stores in your local area? You might be surprised what they can offer.

Mickie31
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Summer rock gardens can look very pretty. A good place to purchase rocks from is EBay. I think IKEA sell them as well.

mtrent
05-20-2008, 02:06 AM
The cheapest thing to do is paint the rock yourself and that way you give it a personalized touch.

SageMother
05-20-2008, 05:50 PM
What colors are you looking for?

If you saw something you liked on HGTV, trust me...I know how that is, try looking at HGTV's website for the program. They usually list the sources for materials. Then, lok for the company in your area.

You can also try your local Home Depot or local garden centers.

debrajean
05-21-2008, 08:06 PM
The cheapest thing to do is paint the rock yourself and that way you give it a personalized touch.

If you decide to go this route, make sure you use waterproof paint. B/c I'd be worried that the rain or even the sun might fade the painted rocks. JMO