PDA

View Full Version : Growing Food In Your Garden

Mickie31
05-18-2008, 02:23 PM
I am concerned about the fact that the food prices are going to go up and would like to start growing food such as vegetables in my garden does anyone know what would be relatively easy to grow please?

Sam Reeves
05-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Most veggies are relatively simple to grow with a little TLC.

Serenity
05-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Mickie, if you can give us a bit more information on how much space you have, what gardening zone you're in and how much time you can devote to taking care of it, we can help you more. :)

Any big likes or dislikes would be a good idea too! I'm sure we can find plenty you could try. :)

tater03
05-18-2008, 07:04 PM
I have a lot of luck with tomatoes and cucumbers every year. Green beans are another good one that grows pretty well. I hear you about the food prices.

Goldbug
08-07-2008, 08:59 PM
We had a small garden when i was growing up and we had basil leaves. It must be easy to grow since our gardon was blocked by buildings from the sun most of the day.

babyfazt09
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
My grandfather used to plant some fruits and veggies in a vacant lot beside our house. He had there, bananas, papaya, guava, okra, chili pepper and pandan leaves.

msmeg
04-21-2009, 02:58 PM
start by making a list of what you like to eat. It does no good to grow lots of tomatos if you do not like them.

some things you waste your time... carrots in Missouri are a prime example our clay soil is just to heavy to grow good carrots. and they are cheap.

geefrank
04-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I think potatoes are the easiest vegetable to grow, and a fresh dug tater tastes wonderful - nothing like their starchy supermarket cousins. The secret is to hill them as they grow, because the spuds grow from the stems you bury as you hill them.

I am particularly fond of the fingerling varieties. Read this article: