PDA

View Full Version : Growing jasmine

atula
05-18-2008, 06:03 AM
Does anyone know how to make a jasmine plant bloom in a pot. I mean I have grown jasmine in a pot for quite a while now but it doesnt seem to give any flowers except one or two. the plant otherwise is healthy and large considering it is growing in a pot...
any advise?

Mickie31
05-18-2008, 02:37 PM
You need a moist, well drained soil in your pot. Put the Jasmine in full sunlight and in a warm place. Adding a leaf mold to the soil will make it better for the growth of your Jasmine. During the spring add a mild fertilizer. During the summer ensure your Jasmine is well watered. Your Jasmine will also need full sunlight for at least 4 hours a day. The tips of the plant should be pinched to help lateral growth and you should frequently prune it. When the Jasmine is just a young plant it will need to be tied with the stems to give it a fairly heavy support. I hope that this helps.

atula
05-20-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks a lot mickie for your advise.I think I will keep in mind the pruning thing as you are right...I should help the plant grow laterally...otherwise it gets ample sunshine and I water it regularly...
thanks again...

Mickie31
05-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Your very welcome I hope you get a thriving Jasmine plant. They are very beautiful to look at.