PDA

View Full Version : Soil Test

Victor
05-16-2008, 05:03 PM
When we test our soil should we just be concern with getting the soil's PH Balance? I saw that there are also test for N, P, K. Can someone please clarify?

Thanks

Mickie31
05-16-2008, 05:36 PM
It depends what type of soil you have also. Certain plants prefer a more acidic soil whereas other plants prefer a less acidic soil, but you need to know what type of soil you have first. There is a lot of equipment you can get for example, there is even a compost thermometer. You can also test for pH, N, P, K Soil. You can also check how fertile a flower is.

Victor
05-17-2008, 01:39 PM
I guess what I'm asking is what is the most common test, PH balance? And is this test usually enough?

Mickie31
05-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Have a look at this site it provides quite comprehensive information and will probably have the answer to your question. http://www.bluegrassgardens.com/soil-ph-test.htm

Rose White
02-11-2010, 10:20 AM
The problem with testing pH levels in your soil is that every section of your yard has different levels - at least that was the way with my garden. So I purchased a $15 device at a local nursery which is stuck into the ground. The pH level appears instantly.

Rose White, author
"Easy Gardens A to Z"
:cool: