PDA

View Full Version : indoor trees

Lyndsey
05-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Are there any small potted trees that do well indoors? Ideally I'd love something from the evergreen family, but that's probably the least likely to do well indoors.

gnandita1
05-04-2008, 11:50 AM
There are indoor plants which you can start.The common ones are Cactus Combo bonsai.They are perfect for windowsill and tabletop.Even you can plant
Moth Orchid.Orchids are known as one of the best air purifying plants.It enriches
the air around it.

Lyndsey
05-11-2008, 01:39 AM
There are indoor plants which you can start.The common ones are Cactus Combo bonsai.They are perfect for windowsill and tabletop.Even you can plant
Moth Orchid.Orchids are known as one of the best air purifying plants.It enriches
the air around it.

Thanks. I knew that spider plants cleaned the air, but I never knew that orchids were powerful filters.

mbtaluka
05-11-2008, 02:57 AM
I never knew Orchids act as the air purifiers, well I never tried to grow them indoor so having not much idea about their plantation.

Green-Moo
05-11-2008, 04:47 PM
citrus trees and olives can do well in large pots in a bright conservatory or similar, and can go outside in the warmer months.

felice206
05-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I've successfully sprouted some citrus trees from both supermarket bought Lemons, and oranges. They'll never bare fruit of course, but look very pretty and their leaves leave a citrusy smell as well.

livebonsai
07-11-2012, 04:11 AM
Here is a nice selection of indoor bonsai trees. They tend to do very well indoors and range in size and shape... Click Here! (http://www.livebonsai.com/indoor-bonsai-trees/)

livebonsai
07-13-2012, 04:30 AM
Good question! When I bought my first Juniper bonsai, I kept it inside all the time on my windowsill and it died within 3 months. I would try something that grows well in zones 8 and 9, so more tropical plants. Most of these bonsai do well if the temperature stays above 60 degrees. I've been working on ficus bonsai that do well inside, you might want to give a Ficus bonsai (http://www.livebonsai.com/ficus-midnight-bonsai-tree-medium-benjamina-midnight/) a try. Thanks for listening:D, Jason Garbenis

AdamBorzy
07-20-2012, 05:57 AM
I will give you 3 of my favorite indoor plants. Poinsettias, Anthurium and Kalanchoe.
They are of low maintenance and really look pretty inside the house.

Bernie_P
09-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Azalea, Peace Lily, or Aloe Vera since they also act as air purifiers in addition to being pretty.