PDA

View Full Version : My Yard in Fort Pierce FL

brandankinfortpiercefl
02-22-2008, 02:36 PM
I have a blog that has all of my different gardening projects on it filled with detailed photos of palm trees, orchids, tropical plants, bananas, and lots of different seed germinating experiments. I post new pictures daily. So stop on by My Yard in Fort Pierce FL (http://anotherfortpierceyard.blogspot.com/) and watch my plants grow.:)

tyfon
03-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Hello there,

I also live in Fort Pierce Fl. (Orange ave)

I'm new at the forum
I also have several projects in mine
just moved to a new house, and the hole property
is nacked not a single palm tree.
I have started with some Hibiscus, orhcids.
I will be getting clipping of other plants
I have seen around my friens properties..

I have seen your images you posted VERY NICE.
I'm also very good with lumber, and I will be creative
to create my own small green house.

One of the questions I had for someone like you
how can get the Hibiscus to grow BIG flowers,
What chemicals do I need to buy, or suggest
how is done.

here is the article I read:

The plant you’re after is Hibiscus moscheutos sold
as Rose Mallow, Swamp Mallow, Hardy Hibiscus,
or Perennial Hibiscus. This large perrennial can be hardy
as far north as zone 4, and will produce absolutely huge
10-12 inch blooms in shades of white, red, and plum

here is more:

Even nicer, the newest Pinot varieties
(Pinot Noir having red blossoms, Pinot Grigio having white blossoms),
have mottled purple and green foliage with a very interesting crinkled texture

If you can share your knowledge you help is appreciated
I will post some of the picture I have taken soon.

Plase advise

tyfon

brandankinfortpiercefl
03-12-2008, 05:51 AM
WOW tyfon i have never seen a hibiscus that size before. i am going to do a little homework on those. I have 1 that has 4-6 flowers. I will be happy to help anyway I can in your endeaver. The only thing I use to keep my plants looking big and full is Peters 20-20-20 fertilizer. You can not find it at home depot or wal mart. You have to go to a local nursery to get it. I use Rics on US1 next to Long John Silvers. Its $20 for a bucket but that should last a year or 2.

tyfon
03-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Here is what I found for better roots, grown/over size/ cloning.
this is product from England. Do not want violate th rules of the froum..
PM me first so I can share this information.

I have done small clipping from several plants I sumerge them in a GROW pro solution for 2 hours, then DIP them in CLONEX gel for reproduction and these clipping are starting to grow with nice colors this is exciting..

I will look for more info on the Hibiscus. I found a site and I will post it real soon. there is a guy in Lauderdale that sell them in a nursery, It is possible I will buy one the I will do the clipping from then on.

I'm learing HOW to MIX color with Hibiscus ONE plant Multi color
that is going to be Awsom.

Cat you later.

tyfon

brandankinfortpiercefl
03-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Good Luck on your clippings. That is exciting stuff. Me and my friend have been trying a few different things with clippings and root hormone. Trying to graft on certain trees. I look forward on finding out how your multi colored tree comes out. There is a white orchid tree on 11th & orange that I would like to get some clippings from. I have seen lots and lots of the pink orchid tree but I saw this white 1 today. I would like to try grafting some of these different colored orchid trees together. Same concept taking the multi colored flowers and having them all on 1 tree. I am going to email you for that info on what your using.:)

tyfon
03-13-2008, 03:37 PM
thanks for the information.

I will post some photos on Orchids
what I have done so far, and I will show clipping.

While I'm doing this I like to post a bottle I'm using, but I will let the
moderator to answer that if i can I really do not want to violate the forum rules. I will couple days to do this I want to make sure is safe.

Okay cat you later.

tyfon

tater03
04-22-2008, 06:43 PM
I just seen your pictures of the orchids. Those are beautiful. Orchids are one of the few things that I really have not tried to grow yet.