PDA

View Full Version : I need help identifying a few things!

Margaret Moore
08-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Hey,

I am a (fairly new) gardener in Alberta and I am having trouble identifying a few of the things that have sprouted up in my garden.

This was sold to me as Coleus, but I'm pretty sure it is something else, but I can't figure it out.

These came out of a package of mixed seeds, I would just love to know what they are.

I found this growing among my Gladiolus, but I haven't the slightest clue what it is.

I planted these late in the season, but I lost the package of seeds, and I can't remember what they are, I just want to care for them properly.

If anyone could help identify these I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Charm Dreier
08-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Hi Margaret,

Tricky post! I see that it has been a year and no one else could answer your questions! Hopefully you already figured them out, but if not, I'll take a stab at it!

The first pic is of a Coleus variety. The second pic looks like a kind of pincushion flower but isn't-- I bet it was in a pack of wild flower mix? I have no idea what the third pic is of, but it looks like potato or some kind of weed in the Solanum family (nightshades). The fourth pic is of a true Geranium, not the Geranium that we were raised with (which is actually Pelargonium.)