PDA

View Full Version : gardening magazine?

toolgirl
08-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know of any good gardening magazines? Any favorites?

biff227
08-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Magazines? No - Online is always the best, then you can ask a question if you are not sure about what has been said. I find that most magazines are full of adverts these days anyway, at least online you have a question, you search and you find the answer.

usc529
08-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Mother earth news is top # 1 and trying out organic gardening now but not sure its good enough to buy a subscription

walkeasy
10-24-2012, 06:27 PM
I have had the mother earth news subscription for some time now. I read and rarely go back to it. Its good stuff for a magazine but yes it is full of adds. What I find the most about a magazine is that what the print i may not be into at the moment. So keeping all the articles handy becomes a problem when i need them. I do agree that the best place is the web, books for quick reference and forums. I have about 12 books that I use in different ways for a quick look at many many problems, ideas, etc.

but to answer your actual question.. :)

Mother Earth News!

chris@hisfarm
11-06-2012, 03:13 PM
I like magazines in online formats. I like Mother Earth news, but I subscribe to Grit. It is one of Mother Earth News sister publications, but I also write for Grit so I am a bit prejudiced. I have books that I also keep on hand, and we have had some of them for over 30 years. The information is still helpful, especially since we do not subscribe to chemicals in our soil.

We only do organic or natural when defined by what occurs in nature. My life depends on it, as I continue to strengthen my heart after quite a few heart attacks and getting down to 20% heart function. 27% with a pace maker, but now I am back up to 46% with growing our own natural organic food.

I read all I can, and learn from forums more that magazines. Hope that helps!