PDA

View Full Version : Eco smart Gardening, not just Organic!

jeffreyrich56
07-13-2012, 05:28 PM
I always get the same question from my clients. Should I be using “organic” products to grow my vegetables and fruits? Should I follow a complete organic program? My first questions in response is “why”? Because you heard it’s the best thing?

:confused:Organic and eco friendly growing are great options, but you need to know why you are doing it. Growing with most organic pesticides whether it’s a fungicide, algaecide, insecticide or herbicide is a smart step in sustainable gardening. Most of the “organic” pesticides are fast acting, so the don’t leave any harmful residuals behind for you, me or the cat! This will allow for no or very slow mutation resistance, and latter down the line, less chemical consumption. So good for me, good for you and good for your pockets. Go Green, or Organic or whatever you want to call it. Just do it for the right reasons. I personally love the Oxidate and Zerotol line. Agrowingsolution.com is a great resource for organic gardening. If you have time look at them, and if you have any questions I can’t answer here, one of my professors from UF is on the board there. Take care and remember “green Minds think alike”!

Jeff

chris@hisfarm
09-21-2012, 04:34 PM
I always get the same question from my clients. Should I be using “organic” products to grow my vegetables and fruits? Should I follow a complete organic program? My first questions in response is “why”? Because you heard it’s the best thing?

:confused:Organic and eco friendly growing are great options, but you need to know why you are doing it. Growing with most organic pesticides whether it’s a fungicide, algaecide, insecticide or herbicide is a smart step in sustainable gardening. Most of the “organic” pesticides are fast acting, so the don’t leave any harmful residuals behind for you, me or the cat! This will allow for no or very slow mutation resistance, and latter down the line, less chemical consumption. So good for me, good for you and good for your pockets. Go Green, or Organic or whatever you want to call it. Just do it for the right reasons. I personally love the Oxidate and Zerotol line. Agrowingsolution.com is a great resource for organic gardening. If you have time look at them, and if you have any questions I can’t answer here, one of my professors from UF is on the board there. Take care and remember “green Minds think alike”!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

My wife Heather and I continue to experiment with Sustainable Organic gardening by planting symbiotic plants that grow together in nature. We have never sprayed our apple trees, when we had them, and have never had any excessive pests. We also do our best to attract birds, bats and other friendly bugs into our fruit trees and our garden areas.

I hear alot about the "fear" of pesticides and GMO's from my friends, family and neighbors. I appreciate your information on organic sprays for all that can go wrong in a sustainable life. I will always continue to learn from others, as well as test and research as we build a world were growing local, sharing tips and successes where we are is a way of life!

What could be better than that? Thank you for opening up and helping us all build a community together!

Chris Downs H.I.S. farm