PDA

View Full Version : Yellow eggs?

Kissell
06-19-2012, 08:29 AM

I have some plants in a greenhouse, and all of them have some sort of yellow egg on the leaves?

Anyone have any idea what this is? All the leaves are covered with them, on all types of plants from Eggplant to White Habernero.

They shake off in the wind a bit, because I can see them below the leaves on the ground.

I can wipe them off by hand, and they don't appear to be hurting anything.... I would really like to know what these are. It's almost like yellow dandruff on all the leaves.

See photo, sorry, best my camera can do.

Kissell
06-20-2012, 05:46 AM
Maybe aphids? or Spider-Mites?

daisyd
06-22-2012, 01:39 AM

I have some plants in a greenhouse, and all of them have some sort of yellow egg on the leaves?

Anyone have any idea what this is? All the leaves are covered with them, on all types of plants from Eggplant to White Habernero.

They shake off in the wind a bit, because I can see them below the leaves on the ground.

I can wipe them off by hand, and they don't appear to be hurting anything.... I would really like to know what these are. It's almost like yellow dandruff on all the leaves.

See photo, sorry, best my camera can do.

Could be rust. Aphids are sticky and spider mites have webs.

Chris
06-23-2012, 03:10 AM
doesn't look like rust to me. The photo is fuzzy though and hard to say, it definitely is either a pest or a disease though, that isn't natural.

AdamBorzy
07-20-2012, 03:33 AM
It looks like a fungal disease - powdery mildew.