PDA

View Full Version : Help with wilting shrubs.

Chewie
06-09-2012, 02:30 AM
I have two St. Johns Wort Plants and one Abelia Shrub ("Rose Creek") that are not doing so hot. I was hoping maybe I could find some sound advice. The Hypericum has not done well at all since I planted it. It is wilting from the center of the bush outwards. The strange thing is, there's new growth on the tips of the branches but the center of the bush is bare, spindly and weak. It's even blooming but it doesn't look well at all. (Both Plants).

Now, my Abelia bush was looking fantastic and was growing well but is now showing the same symptoms as the St. Johns Wort except it has no new growth at all.

These plants get Sun/Shade Mix. Sun in the Morning and late afternoon but the middle of the day is pretty shady. These plants are near some Euonymus shrubs that are doing fantastic.
I'm still pretty new to all this so any advice would be appreciated.

Chewie
06-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I have two St. Johns Wort Plants and one Abelia Shrub ("Rose Creek") that are not doing so hot. I was hoping maybe I could find some sound advice. The Hypericum has not done well at all since I planted it. It is wilting from the center of the bush outwards. The strange thing is, there's new growth on the tips of the branches but the center of the bush is bare, spindly and weak. It's even blooming but it doesn't look well at all. (Both Plants).

Now, my Abelia bush was looking fantastic and was growing well but is now showing the same symptoms as the St. Johns Wort except it has no new growth at all.

These plants get Sun/Shade Mix. Sun in the Morning and late afternoon but the middle of the day is pretty shady. These plants are near some Euonymus shrubs that are doing fantastic.
I'm still pretty new to all this so any advice would be appreciated.

Wow. 20-something views and not a single response. Lame.