PDA

View Full Version : Need help with clematis problem

Em123
05-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Does anybody know what is going on with this clematis. Some of the flowers are developing these splotches. Not all the flowers but a lot of them and more and more. This is my favorite of all my clematis plants in the garden and I would hate for it to die. Im pretty new to this and I have never seen this before. Disease or some sort of a bug. Im attaching a picture of the plant. Please advice.

Chris
05-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I have never seen or heard of a disease that causes petal discoloration like that. It could be something dropping from above and staining them, it could be a genetic sport, or I guess it could be a disease. I have seen something like that on roses before, but not clematis. You could try a bayer all-in-one disease and fungicide spray. If it is a fungus, of course, prune off the affected areas immediately and remove them from the area.

TNplants1
05-21-2012, 12:42 AM
We grow clemitis plants in our greenhouse. Usually a blight causes this. We use bean bug powder and this stops whatever it is. We sell alot of these in our online nursery (http://******************) and tell our customer's to use this and they usually get good results.