PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules

Chris
05-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Welcome to the forum, here are the rules.

1. No discussing politics or religion. I want to keep this a fun place to visit and those topics invariably lead to heated arguments, anger, hate, etc.

2. No self promoting. You are allowed a signature to link to your website or business. You may not solicit customers for your business or visitors for your site within the meat of your posts though.

3. Be nice to each other. This is pretty straight forward.

Chris
03-21-2011, 06:50 PM
New Signature Rules to Stop Spam

1. New users are not allowed signatures with links.

2. If you post a signature (ie, a link to your site) in the meat of your post, outside of the signature in your profile, you might end up banned.

3. Once you reach 30 posts you will be allowed a signature with a link in it.

pharmerphil
03-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Sounds like the logical thing to do Chris, This is a great forum, put together well, not a place for "one post" spammers, they only keep knowledge from being shared.
I'm here to stay, If, you need extra eyes here, I've been in the forum game for 8 years myself...would be honored..

There are a lot of the posts here..by
Legitimate gardeners, folks with questions they need answered...and quite a few of their questions have been left either un-answered, or with irrelevant ramblings by those wanting to "get their link out there":rolleyes:

This does nothing but offend good members, and sends them away

I will do my best to answer any and all posts fellow gardeners, may not always be right, but I do have many, many years of gardening experience, and I am a Master Gardener with the University of Minnesota.

So All fine members of this board, if you have asked a question here before, and it was not adequately addressed...PLEASE..Try again, I will do my best to answer all your questions.

And since I have the podium here at the moment...

I do have over 30 posts :)

Chris
03-23-2011, 05:09 PM
The software does promotions automatically, but I think nightly, so within 24 hours your usergroup should automatically change.

pharmerphil
03-26-2011, 02:58 PM
The software does promotions automatically, but I think nightly, so within 24 hours your usergroup should automatically change.
Hi Chris, not seeing any change as yet??

Chris
04-02-2011, 07:41 PM
hmm, I just changed something, lets see if it fixes it in another 24 hour cycle.

pharmerphil
04-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I'll check back Chris
busy day, finally spring has shown it's face...

pharmerphil
04-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks Chris :)

nofeargardener
05-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Hi Chris,

I'm running into the same problem as Phil. I'm over 30 posts... been there for several days now. Tried to update my signature to include my link and it wouldn't allow me to do so.

Thanks for your help man. I appreciate it.
Mike :)

Chris
05-26-2011, 06:03 PM
try again?

nofeargardener
05-26-2011, 08:16 PM
sorry bro.... still not working. I've tried it a couple different ways now and it won't let me save my link. It puts "*********" in the place of the URL. If you want, I can send you a pm with my link info if that would help. Just let me know.

thanks for your help. :)

Mike

nofeargardener
06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Think we got it figured out Chris. Thanks for your help man.

Mike :)